Information on Immigration Services

1.) Issuing of Emergency Travel Documents.

\r\n The application has to be accompanied by a police report which confirms loss of the passport.

(Download Application Form B 2010/11 for Emergency Travel Certificate).

2). Verification and recommendation of Passport Application for Passport renewal and issuance.

The Embassy currently does not issue Passports but application forms for Uganda Travel documents and Citizenship verification are available at the Embassy on request, verifies all applications, and issues recommendations to be issued without the applicant traveling to Uganda. Acquaint yourself with the sample specimen form.

 \r\n ( Download Form A and Form B).

3). Makes observation on documents and passports issued by Ugandan authorities.

  • All requests for changes of Names must be accompanied by:
a). One recent passport size photograph showing all facial features with both ears. The photographs should have a white background.
b). A copy of applicant Identity Card e.g. drivers licence, residence card and work place Identity Card.
c). Fee of AED 100.
d). Original supporting documents and certified copies dully certified by issuing authority and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.   

  •  Applications for change of name as a result of marriage shall be processed by the Mission on presentation of an original marriage certificate and passport/certified copy incase one is out of the country.
  • Applications for change of names as a result of other circumstances will have to be gazetted in the Uganda Gazette. The Deed Poll has to be published in one of Uganda daily newspapers. Copies of the Deed Poll , Gazette, and News Paper containing the Deed must be submitted to the mission and will be retained for the record.

4). Registration of birth & death of Ugandans in the U.A.E.
i). For registration of birth, the applicant presents birth certificate from Hospital/ Ministry of Health, original passport of both parents, and photographs of the child.
ii). In the event of death of a Ugandan national in UAE, the following will apply:   

a)      Obtain death notification from hospital outlining the cause of death.

b)      Register the death with a police station nearest to where the deceased was living.

c)      Obtain a death certificate from Ministry of Health. In the case of Dubai, this is done at Al Baraha Hospital.

d)     Get attestation of the death certificate by the U.A.E Ministries of Health and Foreign Affairs, and Department of Naturalization and Residency.

e)      Contact the Embassy and obtain a letter of no objection, as well as cancellation of the deceased passport.

f)       Return the documents to the police station for the police to issue three letters; releasing the body from hospital, embalming the body and transportation of the body for repatriation.
iii). In case of burial in Dubai:

a)      For muslims, it requires, police letters releasing the body from the mortuary to the Municipality. If the deceased visa was issued from Dubai, the deceased must be buried or cremated in Dubai.

b)      Christian burial follows the same process but burial takes place in Jebel Ali cemetery.

iv.) Repatriation requires three letters to establish medical fitness and will check if the body had any infectious diseases.
Note that a body with contagious diseases cannot be embalmed in Dubai.


5.) Verification of birth certificates, driving permits and passports issued by Ugandan authorities. They should have been certified by the issuing authority and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Uganda.

6.) Confirmation of sworn affidavits on marital status and letters of no impediment. They should have been certified by the issuing authority and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Uganda.